HPMC Used In Construction
Chemical additive Hydroxyl methyl propyl cellulose
HydroxyPropyl MethylCellulose HPMC is a non-ionic, water soluble cellulose ether. It is widely used as thickener, protective colloid, stabilizer, suspending aids and water-retention agents in many industrial applications. It enhances water-retention, besides providing well-balanced properties including open time, slip resistance, adhesion, good impact resistance and shear strength.
HPMC use highly pure cotton as raw material. It is a kind of white or whitish powder.
HPMC decreases with the decrease of methoxide content, increase of gel point, decrease of water solubility and decrease of surface activity.
HPMC has thickening ability, salt resistance, low ash powder, pH stability, water retention, dimensional stability, excellent film forming, and a wide range of enzyme resistance, dispersion and adhesion.
It's white or off-white powder, non-toxic tasteless, and readily soluble in hot or cold water. HPMC also used for ceramics, tobaccos and detergents, etc.
Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose helps to increase the dispersion of cement-sand, greatly improve the plasticity of mortar and water-holding capacity, prevent cracks and enhance the strength of cement.
Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose helps to improve the plasticity and water-holding capacity of pressed tile mortar, enhance the adhesion of tiles and prevent chalking.
Gypsum Concrete Slurry
Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose can improve water-holding capacity and processing performance, and enhance the adhesion with substrate.
Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose can be added to the joint cement for gypsum board to improve liquidity and water-holding capacity.
As a paste substituting for natural products, it can improve the water-holding capacity and the adhesion with substrate.
As the plasticizer of latex paint, Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose has an effect on improving paint and improving the operational performance and liquidity of putty powder.
Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose has a good effect on preventing the filler sinking of cement-based or latex-based coating materials and improving the liquidity and the spray pattern.
Cement and Plaster Secondary Products
Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose can be used as the binder for the extrusion molding of hydraulic substances such as cement - asbestos-based materials to improve the liquidity and obtain uniform molded products.
Building Coating and Adhesive Material Chemicals HPMC
1. Cement mortar: Increase the dispersion of cement-sand, greatly improve the plasticity and water retention of mortar, which is effective in preventing cracks, and can enhance the strength of cement.
2. Ceramic tile cement: improve the plasticity, water-holding capacity of pressed ceramic tile mortar, improve the bonding strength of ceramic tile, and prevent powdering.
3. Coating of asbestos and other refractories: as suspension safety agent, fluidity improver, but also improve the adhesion to the substrate.
4. Gypsum coagulant slurry: improve water retention and processability, improve the adhesion to the base.
5. Joint cement: Joint cement added to gypsum board to improve fluidity and water retention.ect
Appearance: White or off white powder CAS No.: 9004-65-3
Our Test method NDJ-4 Rotational viscometer,2% solution,20ºC
Items Standard Quality .
60YB 65YB 70YB 75YB
Methoxyl Content WT% 28.0-30.0 27.0-30.0 16.5-20.0 19.0-24.0
Hydroxpropyl Content WT% 7.0-12.0 4.0-7.5 6.0-12.0 4.0-12.0
Gel TemperatureºC 58.0-64.0 62.0-68.0 68-75 70.0-90.0
Moisture content WT% ≤5.0
Ash WT% ≤ 4.0
PH value 1% solution @25ºC 5.0-8.5
Spec. Viscosity Range(MPA.S) Spec Viscosity Range(MPA.S)
80 5-100 15000 12000-18000
400 300-500 20000 18000-30000
800 600-900 40000 30000-50000
1500 1200-1800 75000 50000-85000
4000 3000-5600 100000 85000-130000
8000 6000-9000 150000 130000-180000
10000 9000-12000 200000 ≥180000
Note: the Viscosity(mpa.s) can be customized.
1. Water Retention: The water retention will be enhanced, which is helpful with such problems as cement or gypsum construction material drying too fast and poor hardening or cracking due to insufficient hydration.
2. Operationality: It can enhance the plasticity of mortar and improve the coating efficiency in construction projects.
3. Adhesivity: It can make mortar attach to base material better since the plasticity of mortar is enhanced.
4. Slip Resistance: It can prevent slipping problem between mortar and the base material in construction project as a result of its thickening effect.
HPMC are packed in the following two types of packages.
A. 25 Kg bag with polyethylene inner ,and 12 MT with pallet is loaded in one container of 20 ft.
B. 25 Kg bag with polyethylene inner ,and 14 MT without pallet is loaded in one container of 20 ft